• February 16GC's Got Talent-Feb.23rd

• February 16Jazz Ensemble Concert- Feb. 21st

• January 8Contribute to The Talon! Writers, photographers, etc. are wanted!

Good Counsel Theater Company

Sean Dunphy, A&E Editor

Good Counsel is home to many great things. We have a fantastic sports program, a wonderful student body, and great facilities. But one of Good Counsels greatest attributes is the theater company. Good Counsel Theater Company has put on fantastic shows and continues to captivate and inspire audiences with marvelous sets, a state of the art performing arts center, talented casts, and terrific mentors and directors. The theater company has put on a wide range of musicals and plays including Noises Off, Titanic, Into the Woods, Hairspray, and many more that wowed everyone who saw them.

The theater company’s latest exhibition, a murder mystery double feature of And Then There Were None and The Real Inspector Hound, closed a few weeks ago and showed everyone who saw it how talented our school community really is. The first show was Agatha Christie’s murder mystery, And Then There Were None, which took the audience on a journey of ten guests at a weekend party who all have secret pasts involving alleged murders of former acquaintances. The invited guests begin to be killed one by one in the order of an old nursery rhyme. They then find out that one of their own is behind both the invitations they received to the party and the murders. The second play that went on right after And Then There Were None was Tom Stoppard’s absurdist comedy, The Real Inspector Hound, which is a satire of the murder mystery genre. The two plays are complete opposites: one is serious, clever and suspenseful where the other is comedic and ridiculous. This juxtaposition highlights the strengths of both, and ups the comedic value of The Real Inspector Hound.

The next show the theater company will put on is the spring musical, which will be The Music Man. The Music Man is one of the most highly acclaimed musicals from the golden age of theater. The musical, full of singing and dancing, takes the audience through the story of a con man who swindles simple townsfolk in rural Iowa into buying musical instruments and starting a band for all of the children in the town. At its heart, however, The Music Man is a love story that exemplifies how people can change and evolve into better versions of themselves. Auditions for The Music Man are next week and rehearsals start soon after that to start working on what should be another great performance from the theater company.

• Good Counsel Theater Company

Word From The Editors

8 Creative Valentine’s Day Gifts

• Good Counsel Theater Company

Word From The Editors

Behind The Audition Process

• Good Counsel Theater Company

A & E

Lady Bird: The Best Movie of 2017?

• Good Counsel Theater Company

A & E

Movies to Watch: January 2018

• Good Counsel Theater Company

A & E

What You Should Be Binge Watching: Winter Break 2017

• Good Counsel Theater Company

A & E

Mean Girls: The Musical

• Good Counsel Theater Company

A & E

Henry Naylor’s Play “Echoes”

• Good Counsel Theater Company

Week in Pictures/Videos

Week of February 12th

• Good Counsel Theater Company

Week in Pictures/Videos

Week of February 5th

• Good Counsel Theater Company

Sports

WCAC Championship is Ours

Good Counsel Theater Company