The Student News Site of Our Lady of Good Counsel High School

The Talon

• March 25April 11 – 14: Band and Chorus Members in Chicago for Music Competition. Break a leg!!!
  • March 25Wednesday, March 27 - GC Students Leave for Italy...CIAO!
  • March 25Easter Break: March 28 - April 7 ENJOY!!!

The Talon

The Talon

Chocolate Rankings and Recommendations

Tetiana Bykovets via Unsplash
Chocolate, in all shapes and flavors, is essential for those with a sweet tooth

Almost everyone loves chocolate!

Standard chocolate looks the same shade of brown, has a predictable sense of taste, comes in many shapes and sizes, and has a plethora of tricks to bring a shocking sensation to your taste buds! Standard chocolates seen in stores such as Hershey’s, Kit Kats, Snickers, Milky Way, and other mass-distributed chocolates have a taste that the world has explored before in life without disappointment. On the other hand, there are lots of chocolates that rival and outclass these basic name brands with their unique sense of taste.

There are a lot of wonderful chocolates out there, easy to find or not, that help support the world’s sweet tooth, but no chocolate compares to the remarkable taste of these five brands.

Best Milk Chocolates –

5. M&M’s – M&M’s small chocolates have shapes similar to a pellet, capturing a chocolate taste that can go well paired or stand-alone. This miniature chocolate is perfect for those who want a stronger flavor that most other chocolate brands do not release.

4. Hershey Milk Chocolate – Hershey, one of the most well-known chocolate bars on the planet, has a simplistic but wonderful milk chocolate bar that is easy to find in many stores. Along with the convenience, the firmness of the chocolate bar compared to other significant chocolates gives it an uncommon texture compared to other brands.

3. Ferrero Rocher – Ferrero Rocher, despite only being relatively known, creates a beautiful milk chocolate that uses a combination of nuts in their multilayer chocolate that delivers a unique taste

There is a type of chocolate for almost every taste. (emy on Unsplash)

unlike any other chocolate.

2. Kinder Chocolate – The milk chocolate Kinder supplies, from either their chocolate eggs or chocolate bars, has a liquid chocolate filling that compliments its harder outer shell providing a magnificent texture to the overall chocolate.

1. Lindor Milk Chocolate – Lindor’s milk truffle chocolate is made of chocolate ganache, which gives it a creamy feeling upon consumption; the spherical shape also makes the chocolate feel easier to consume than a standard chocolate bar.

With milk chocolate being the most popular, especially when talking about chocolate in general, dark chocolate and white chocolate have been shown to have some specialties that show off their taste. For dark chocolate, Godiva has shown to be one of the best dark chocolates on the market and has brought a lot to the table with their 72 percent cacao dark chocolate bar. Not only dark chocolate and milk chocolate, but one of white chocolate’s specialties is the white chocolate  Toblerone, which brings a pleasing taste to the consumer and is one of the most popular items in white chocolate’s arsenal. With dark chocolate’s bitter sensation and white chocolate’s sweetened vanilla taste, the different possibilities for chocolate are extensive.

Despite these being rankings/recommendations, the best type of chocolate is the one found to be personally fulfilling. Individuals’ taste buds vary; enjoying the chocolate is the most important part, no matter what part you find the best.

Citations –

“Types of Chocolate – Everything You Need to Know.” Www.lakechamplainchocolates.com, www.lakechamplainchocolates.com/types-of-chocolate/.

‌“Godiva Brand Profile U.S. 2022.” Statista, www.statista.com/forecasts/1352568/godiva-chocolate-brand-profile-in-the-united-states.

‌“Toblerone Brand Profile U.S. 2023.” Statista, www.statista.com/forecasts/1352578/toblerone. Accessed 20 Feb. 2024.

“Hershey’s Brand Profile U.S. 2022.” Statista, www.statista.com/forecasts/1352565/hershey-s-chocolate-brand-profile-in-the-united-states.