The Student News Site of Our Lady of Good Counsel High School

The Talon

• March 25April 11 – 14: Band and Chorus Members in Chicago for Music Competition. Break a leg!!!
  • March 25Wednesday, March 27 - GC Students Leave for Italy...CIAO!
  • March 25Easter Break: March 28 - April 7 ENJOY!!!

The Talon

The Talon

Lift: Money, Art, Intrigue…what’s not to love?

This site is for educational purposes. Copyright disclaimer Under Section 107 of the Copyright Act of 1976, allows for “fair use” for purposes such as criticism, comment, news reporting, teaching, scholarship, education, and research.
“Lift.” Netflix Media Center, 9 June 2022, media.netflix.com/.

Lift, one of the movies recently added to Netflix & currently in theaters, highlights the importance of ethics in the intriguing world of art & money while adding action and suspense to the work. 

Lift is a story that focuses on a crew of high-tech thieves, on a luxury airliner, who steal paintings and money from people whom they deem fit to be their prey. In the film, they are discovered by an agent who decides not to press charges but forces them to rob a billionaire who is willing to sacrifice others to benefit his wallet. This movie brings comedy to serious situations without ruining the moment, which is why they cast Kevin Hart! Speaking of the casting, the actors & actresses fit well into their roles and add a unique distinction to all the characters. 

The movie sticks with the art theme from the beginning to the end. This movie highlights the importance of aesthetics, allowing the central idea to weave in and out throughout the mission. It’s a movie not to be missed, especially if you love action, art, technology, and comedy.  

Sources:

Netflix Media Center (2023, June 9). “Lift.”. Airbus.com. Retrieved February 5, 2024, from media.netflix.com/en/only-on-netflix/81446739