The Student News Site of Our Lady of Good Counsel High School

The Talon

• March 25April 11 – 14: Band and Chorus Members in Chicago for Music Competition. Break a leg!!!
  • March 25Wednesday, March 27 - GC Students Leave for Italy...CIAO!
  • March 25Easter Break: March 28 - April 7 ENJOY!!!

The Talon

The Talon

SPOTLIGHT on Mr. Peter Kotz

Aiden Potter “25
Mr. Peter Kotz, Good Counsel’s Head Athletic Trainer

When you watch one of GC’s athletic teams compete, such as football, you may wonder how they recover after a physically straining game. Head Athletic Trainer Mr. Peter Kotz is behind it all. 

The Talon sat down for a quick Q&A with Mr. Kotz in December. His job is overseeing the sports medicine programs at GC while, most importantly, ensuring the health of Good Counsel’s amazing athletes. For over 20 years, Mr. Kotz has worked at GC as the Head Athletic Trainer.

Explain what your job or role is in fundamental terms.

In overseeing the sports medicine program at GC., my job is to ensure athletes’ health and safety and manage their care, treatment, and rehabilitation when injured.

What are three things you want the GC community to know?

1. The program at GC is developed to provide the best healthcare we can to our athletes.

Mr. Kotz attends to an injured Good Counsel athlete on the field. (Madeleine Tiongson ’25)
  2. The program is considered one of the better high school sports medicine programs in the state.
  3. I have worked to build a quality facility to provide healthcare services during my tenure.

After speaking with Mr. Kotz, it is clear that he is very dedicated to the health and safety of our Good Counsel athletes. Thank you, Mr. Kotz, for your continuous care and commitment to the Good Counsel community.