The Student News Site of Our Lady of Good Counsel High School

The Talon

• March 25April 11 – 14: Band and Chorus Members in Chicago for Music Competition. Break a leg!!!
  • March 25Wednesday, March 27 - GC Students Leave for Italy...CIAO!
  • March 25Easter Break: March 28 - April 7 ENJOY!!!

The Talon

The Talon

What to Get a Teenage Girl on Black Friday

https://www.istockphoto.com/vector/neon-black-friday-gm1178114626-329151260
If you’re brave enough to tangle with the crowds, you can find some great deals on Black Friday.

What is the one thing everyone with a teenage girl wants to know . . . what do I get her for the holidays? From tech treasures to fashion finds, this list compiles must-have steals that will make this Black Friday the most memorable for a special girl in your life.

Gift Cards:

No matter what a girl likes, whether it is sports, fashion, theater, or more; gift cards are a sure way to make her happy. Some store suggestions include: Amazon, target, her favorite clothing and shoe stores, and her go-to restaurants.

Clothing/Shoes:

One thing many girls love is a new outfit! Some popular places with great deals following Thanksgiving include: Urban Outfitters, Pacsun, Lululemon, Edikted, Aritzia, Garage, Francescas, Altr’d State, Aerie, Lulus, and more. A new pair of shoes are a nice splurge item that are great to get on sale! Popular shoe brands this winter include Ugg, Nike, Adidas, Reebok, and Converse.

Cosmetics/Skincare:

If you know that makeup and self-care products are something a girl in your life enjoys, here are some great suggestions on things to pick up on Black Friday: Sephora/Ulta gift sets, Summer Fridays or Laneige lip products, Rare Beauty products, facemasks, serums, and face washes. 

Many girls also love new perfume or body sprays, popular brands being Bath and Bodyworks and Sol De Janeiro.

Athletic Gear

If a girl in your life is an athlete, Black Friday is a great time for new gear. Whether it’s a gym membership, a new set of balls, cleats, running shoes, weights, or water bottle, she will be very grateful.

Academia

For the book lovers, some great things to get on Black Friday would be a Kindle, a subscription to an audiobook service, or a book on her TBR (to be read) list.

So get out there and start shopping!