The Student News Site of Our Lady of Good Counsel High School

The Talon

• March 25April 11 – 14: Band and Chorus Members in Chicago for Music Competition. Break a leg!!!
  • March 25Wednesday, March 27 - GC Students Leave for Italy...CIAO!
  • March 25Easter Break: March 28 - April 7 ENJOY!!!

The Talon

The Talon

Having an Attitude of Gratitude: What GC Students are Thankful For This Thanksgiving Season

www.vecteezy.com via Tony Xiang ’25
Thanksgiving is the time of year where we come together to give thanks for all the blessings we have. 

With Thanksgiving coming up, this is the time of year when we pause to give thanks for the many blessings we have in our lives. We come together with our families to eat good food, watch football, and reminisce on all the blessings we have. I asked some fellow GC students what they are thankful for this Thanksgiving, and there were many overlapping themes including family and friends, 

Here is what they had to say.

I’m very grateful for the opportunity to attend GC and become part of the community. I’m thankful that all of my family and friends are in good health.

• Andrew Jensen’ 25

This Thanksgiving season I’m extremely thankful for my family and the position in life I’m in. I’m very grateful and blessed. 

• Jack Hampton ‘25

I’m grateful for my “November Forever” Junior retreat.

• PJ Deoudes ‘24

I’m thankful for my family because they are always there for me when I need them.

• Dijon Fosu ‘26

I’m thankful for my best friends because they’re always there for me and they never fail to put a smile on my face. 

• Sophia Sakkos ‘24

This Thanksgiving I’m thankful for my family, my friends, and the joy that a simple hug brings to my day. A simple hug allows me to enjoy the small things and never fails to cheer me up. With that, I encourage everyone to hug the ones you love and realize that that hug is a gift.

• Sophia McDonnell ‘24

I am thankful for my mom who supports me through everything.

-Noah Gies ‘24

This Thanksgiving I’m thankful for family, friends, and my relationship with God. In tough times I’m able to rely on those 3 things.

• Yiannis Rosenthal ‘25

I’m thankful for the people God has surrounded me with.

• Elam Almas ‘24

I’m grateful for my family because of how much they support and care for me.

• Felipe Una ‘26

This Thanksgiving, I’m thankful for my family, friends and most importantly God who support and love me in anything I do. 

• Gabe Abraha ‘24

This year I’m thankful for all my family, friends, and coaches, who all help me become a better version of myself. 

• Garrison Konz ‘24

I’m grateful for my friends and family and for their constant support and love.

• Alex Bergen ‘24

This year, I am grateful for my family, friends, and my health. 

• Gabby Georges ‘24

This year I’m very thankful for my friends and family and their love and support. 

• Jack Salkeld ‘26

I’m so thankful for what God has given me; family, friends, and the GC community!

• Sean Salkeld ‘24

I’m very thankful for all the friends at GC that are always there for me.

• Luke Nevala ‘25

I am grateful for my family and my school community at Good Counsel. It is so important that we all come together during this holiday and celebrate with each other.

• Jack Morin ‘25

I’m thankful for not having to worry about where I’m gonna sleep at night, for my “November Forever” Retreat and for Jesus. 

• Lucas Benavides ‘24

I am thankful for the blessing of life and all the great opportunities and abilities God has given me.

• Owen Bollweg ‘26

I am thankful for my Dad who has always been there to support me through everything I do. 

• Katie Popera ‘24

I’m thankful for my family who supports me through everything. 

• Ryan Baik ‘24

I’m thankful for my parents’ support and love through all the years.

• Jimmy Troy ‘24

I’m extremely thankful for my close friends and family. Their unconditional support and love mean the world to me!

• Robbie Gresham ‘24

I’m so thankful for my Mom and my little sister. They have brought so much joy to my life and are my favorite people!

• Charlie Myers ‘24

We definitely do have a lot to be thankful for. If you haven’t already, take a few minutes to reflect on what you’re thankful for this Thanksgiving season- it doesn’t have to be anything big at all! Having an “attitude of gratitude” really does go a long way! 

Hope you all have a happy and healthy Thanksgiving!

Image source: 

“Happy thanksgiving day vector design 4160111 Vector Art at Vecteezy.”

https://www.vecteezy.com/vector-art/4160111-happy-thanksgiving-day-vector-design. Accessed 14 Nov. 2023.