The Freshman Experience

OLGCHS

High school can seem scary at first, but it is actually a lot easier to get used to than you think.

Becoming a freshman can be scary at first, but it’s a lot easier than people think. Getting to know a new high school is a much easier process than what incoming freshmen can think up in their imagination. The staff and teachers are all here to help and to make sure that your freshman year is successful.

We surveyed a random group of ten GC freshmen students.  The survey questions focused on how the school year started for them and how their freshman year was now. We analyzed the results and they appear below. The results will please you! 

• 75% of the survey respondents feel very safe, with only 25% saying that they only feel somewhat safe
  • Over 62% of those surveyed thought that high school wasn’t scary after the first day.
  • 62% of those surveyed think that the school year has been a good one
  • 80% of the freshman surveyed said that they can rely on teachers for help
  • 100% of those surveyed love the school layout and think that it is well designed and easy to follow
  • 90% of the freshmen feel that their teachers care about them! 

Here is more of what students are saying about the school year!

• “This year was a wacky but fun ride!” – Samuel Wiener ’25
  • “I’m so glad to be back at Good Counsel! – Summer Gregory ’24 *
  • “This school year was so great!” – Andrew Ionata ’25

It looks like Good Counsel is the place to be if you’re a freshman!

*Summer Gregory is a sophomore.  However, due to the pandemic, this was her first year in the building.  She and her sophomore classmates have had many of the same experiences as this year’s freshman class.