A Letter From the Editors: The Talon is Back in Action!

Falcons,

WE ARE BACK AND READY TO GO!

We apologize for the long delay, but we hope to make it up to you with a continuously improving product this year.

We hope you have had a fantastic summer and beginning to the school year. We spent the summer reflecting on our first year as an online newspaper: good times, bad times, strengths, and weaknesses. After listening to the Good Counsel community, we have made some improvements: our website has a new look, and, based on your suggestions, we have come up with new content ideas, such as a question of the day, comics, trivia, and the potential for student podcasts. These new items will be introduced throughout the year.  We believe The Talon has returned better than ever, but you will have to stay tuned over the coming months to decide for yourself.

As Good Counsel celebrates 60 years, we are celebrating one year of our online format. The Talon has been an enduring presence in the Good Counsel community for decades, and it seems fitting that both the school and newspaper celebrate such significant milestones together.

This year, we hope to update The Talon as quickly and efficiently as possible. That means articles every week, schedules for upcoming games, surveys and questions to spark discussion— everything needed to keep you interested and informed. We are prepared for another great year of thoughtful conversation with hopes to address a wider variety of topics—topics relevant both inside and outside of Good Counsel.

Vocalizing student opinions has always and will always be our driving commitment. As the year goes on, we hope to hear as many voices as possible. We encourage you to join our team and take part in amplifying the student voices of our school—we know everyone has something to say and an abundance of talent to offer.  JOIN US!

Again, welcome back.  Let’s make this a great year together!

-Danny Cummins & Brent Smith, Co-Editors-in-Chief