The Student News Site of Our Lady of Good Counsel High School

The Talon

• March 25April 11 – 14: Band and Chorus Members in Chicago for Music Competition. Break a leg!!!
  • March 25Wednesday, March 27 - GC Students Leave for Italy...CIAO!
  • March 25Easter Break: March 28 - April 7 ENJOY!!!

The Talon

The Talon

Senior Spotlight #19: Chukwudalu Dumebi-Kachikwu ‘24

Courtesy of Chukwudalu Dumebi-Kachikwu ‘24
Chukwudalu Dumebi-Kachikwu ‘24

Meet Chukwudalu Dumebi-Kachikwu: President of the African Student Association, FalconSpeaks, Model UN, Student Government & Politics, Falcon News Network Senior Chief of editing, Marching Band Technical Manager, XBSS Leader, staff writer of the Talon,  Windows Server Member of the Cyberpatriots team, and Social Justice and Inclusion Leader. He is committed to the University Of Pittsburgh. He is planning on majoring in Computer Science! 

Here is our senior spotlight interview with him! 

What’s your favorite extracurricular activity?

It’s too hard to pick just one. So I will say my favorite part of extracurriculars is the innovation that is found in the random challenges brought up in each one.

What is your advice for freshmen? 

With each day try and improve be it personally, academically, socially, spiritually or any other thing. If you do that you will get tired, so very tired and maybe even some days feel like you’ve taken a couple steps back. However eventually, you’ll look back and realize how far a couple steps can take you.

What’s your favorite class and teacher?

It’s too hard to pick just one. So I will say what I loved, is how applicable the lessons were to my life and the various projects I work on.

What is your favorite GC tradition or trend?

The Super Smash Bros games in the Performing Arts Center during Spirit Week. I do apologize for all those who tried to beat me in a game and failed. Hopefully you still had fun

What’s one thing you wish you could change or have done differently? 

I wouldn’t be so scared to do the stuff that I thought weren’t possible because I had to eventually do them either way at some point

What GC senior do you want on your side of the apocalypse? 

I would be fine with anyone who could cook street fries and chicken tenders