The Student News Site of Our Lady of Good Counsel High School

The Talon

• March 25April 11 – 14: Band and Chorus Members in Chicago for Music Competition. Break a leg!!!
  • March 25Wednesday, March 27 - GC Students Leave for Italy...CIAO!
  • March 25Easter Break: March 28 - April 7 ENJOY!!!

The Talon

The Talon

Messy Hands, Happy Hearts: Good Counsel’s Pottery Club 

Artistic examples of the many talented Good Counsel potters.
Evan Nicholas

Good Counsel is home to many clubs and extracurricular activities that are fit to serve the needs and interests of curious students looking to find a new passion or wanting to develop a skill. One of Our Lady of Good Counsel’s most artistic and fascinating clubs is the Good Counsel Pottery Club.

The Pottery Club at Good Counsel, previously led by Eva Turčanová ’24 and Keira Davidson ’24 and moderated by Mr. Clulow, is a club where students can learn new techniques, such as the creation of vases using the wide variety of equipment in the art rooms, learn the art of pinch pots and what goes into their creation/construction, and the club allows students to learn from demonstrations hosted for people to attempt something new, either creating something unique or learning a new technique by the end of it. One of the past demos consisted of creating Jack-o-lanterns / Pumpkins, where the results rest on their shelves as they learn and construct even more pieces. If you aren’t content with the demonstrations, pinch pots, or vases, the pottery club allows you to explore pottery through free-for-alls! The free-for-alls within the club are where you can experience the individual aspects of pottery that you want to experience!

The club’s dedication and belief in flexibility make the Pottery Club one of the best clubs at Good Counsel to join!