Get a CLUE with GCTC Actor Charles Cobb ‘25

Madeleine Tiongson '25

Charles Cobb ‘25 as Wadsworth in CLUE: High School Edition.

Charles Cobb ‘25 as Wadsworth in CLUE: High School Edition. (Madeleine Tiongson ’25)

The Good Counsel Theatre Company’s fall production this year is CLUE: High School Edition! On a dark and stormy night, six unique guests, a butler, and a maid assemble for a dinner party at the home of Mr. Boddy. When their host turns up dead, it is clear that no one is safe! Soon the guests are racing to find the killer and keep the body count from stacking up. Based on the popular board game and adapted from the cult classic film, Clue is the comedy whodunit that will keep you guessing (and laughing) to the very end. Ahead of the first performance, I sat down with one of the prominent cast members, Charles Cobb ‘25, to learn more about the show.

Below is a transcription of our interview:

Q: Is this your first school production?
This is not my first school production—I’ve done various productions in middle and elementary school. That’s kind of where I learned and got into theatre and singing and things like that. But it is my first production here at Good Counsel, and I’m definitely looking forward to it.

Q: How does it feel to return to the stage?
I enjoy it. Ever since the pandemic, I haven’t done much theater—and singing, too—but now, in 2022, we’re back into the swing of things, so I’m excited. The thrill of being on stage and performing in front of an audience is wonderful.

Q: What’s been your favorite part about the rehearsal process?
My favorite part of the rehearsal process probably has been collaborating with everybody. It’s a team effort. You produce something beautiful, and it’s a product of everybody coming together and putting in their best work. So, just talking and collaborating with everybody has been wonderful.

Q: Can you tell me a little bit about your character?
My character is Wadsworth, who is the butler…He orchestrates the evening, essentially, so he leads the guests and keeps the storyline going.

Q: Can you describe the show in three words?
Exciting, chaotic, and fun

Q: What do you hope for your performance?
I hope that everything goes well. You know it’s hard for everything to be perfect, but we put in a lot of hard work, so I’m sure the fruits of our labor will be there.

Q: What do you hope the audience gets from this show?
Well, definitely a laugh—I would say [that’s] number 1. You know it’s definitely a funny show. As well as…that, they take away a good storyline because it’s a funny story. It’s mysterious in some ways, and at the end of the day, it’s fun.

You can watch Charles onstage in CLUE: High School Edition! The show runs November 4th and 11th at 7:30 pm and November 5th and 12th at 2:00 and 7:30 pm. The show is free for GC students with a student ID, and tickets are on sale at http://www.showtix4u.com/events/252.