A Letter of Thanks From the Editors

As the online version of the Talon wraps up its first full year, we, the 2019-2020 Talon Editing Staff, want to take a moment to recognize, thank, and say farewell to the exceptional 2018-2019 Talon Editing Staff, most of whom are graduating seniors*.  This editing team zealously stepped up to take on the sometimes-daunting task of not only reviving the Talon but doing so in an online format.

Thank you to Brent Smith and Danny Cummins, the 2018-2019 Co-Editors-in-Chief, for their countless hours of diligent work as they guided the editing staff towards creating the Talon that they all envisioned.  As with any worthwhile endeavor, there were often challenging times, but Brent and Danny always tried to stay positive and steadfast in their mission.

Thank you to Dulce Maria Diaz Alvarenga, Alexia Ayuk, Taylor McLaughlin (picture missing), Emily Miller, David Olumilua, Shayna Smith, Jake Taylor, and Ella Yohannes, the 2018-2019 Talon Section Editors for their diligence and unwavering commitment  to create a school newspaper of which the Good Counsel community can be proud.

We would not be here today if these pioneering former editors had not put so much of their talent and heart into building the foundation of the current Talon.  Your diligence and self-motivation as well as dedication, have been a source of inspiration for us who follow you.

Join us as we wish them luck in their journeys beyond GC.

*NOTE: Sean Dunphy, Eliza Henne, and Cate Nora, were members of the 2018-2019 Talon Editing Staff.  They will graduate next year as members of the Class of 2020.