• May 185/20 Senior and Mother Mass & Brunch, 9:00 AM in the PAC

• May 185/23 – Senior Breakfast and Awards Program; 8:30 AM Breakfast (seniors only); 9:45 AM Awards Program (parents welcome)

• May 185/23 - Noon Dismissal

Growing in Our International Mindedness: An interview with Ms. Meredith Stewart

Meredith Stewart, ELL Instructor

Over Easter Break, our ELL teacher, Ms. Stewart had the opportunity to visit Qixiashewobo First Middle School in Shandong Province, China. She was met with warm greetings, smiles, and about 1500 students!

Over the course of the afternoon, she toured the campus, met with the English department chair and teachers and learned how they teach English. She said, “It was an eye-opening experience!” She also spoke to several classes about the importance of learning English, studying abroad, the IB Program, and offerings at GC!

“Learning about the culture and academic background of some of our international students, helps me to improve the ELL curriculum. Sharing my experiences with the GC faulty and leaders, allows us to grow together – my goal is harmony in diversity.” She hopes that by sharing these experiences, we can all gain perspective about our students and increase our levels of empathy.

Photos Courtesy of Meredith Edwards

• Growing in Our International Mindedness: An interview with Ms. Meredith Stewart

Headlines

Study Tips for Exam Season

Headlines

Music of the Month: May 2018

Editor's Voice

Letter from the Co-Editors: On The Return of the Austringer

Headlines

GC Tennis Team victory!

Headlines

Good Counsel’s Falcons of Fishing Tournament!

Headlines

A New Generation Visits on Bring Your Child to Work Day

Headlines

Boys Lacrosse Check into the Quarterfinals

Headlines

Humboldt Broncos Hockey Team in Crash Making a Difference

Headlines

Senior Dinner April 17th!

Headlines

The Real Threat to American Elections: Gerrymandering